Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Talking of holidays...

No 1 couldn't sleep tonight and came downstairs, just as I was off to bed (Spouse had long since gone). We were having a bit of a chat about stuff, and then she mentioned that she and no 2 make up stories about one of our photo albums from a holiday we had in Crete in 1992. God knows why...

Anyway, she went to get the album and I said, let me tell you what really happened. Suddenly. There I was. Much younger. Much slimmer. On a great (and from memory wildly drunken) holiday in Elounda, in Crete. It had all the elements that a good holiday should have. Sun, sea, alcohol and most importantly it was spent with good friends.

Looking at those pictures again. I'm bloody sorry I'm not as thin as I was. Bloody sorry that I'm not as young as I was.

But on the upside.

The people that matter haven't gone away.

And sitting with no 1 beside me, it's nice to know I've gained a few extras along the way...

Even so. I know it's shallow, but it would be nice to be that skinny again...

2 comments:

Dumdad said...

Tell me about it! By chance, I was looking through an album of 1992 yesterday: wife and I were in Australia for six weeks. Yes, slimmer, younger, care free. But, as you point out, today we have some extras (apart from the pounds) and I wouldn't have it any different.
Still, slim is slim.....

Jane Henry said...

I was very excited to stand on the scales this morning and discover I was 9 1/2 stone - miraculously I had shed half a stone over night. Then I moved them and I was back to ten stone.

I am amazed I was ever as thin I was back then, AND with far less exercise then I do now.

It's not fair!