Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Oh and...



Here is my very lovely and gorgeous cover. With many thanks to all the lovely people at Avon for working so hard to make it happen (particularly the very long suffering designer, who is probably cursing my name by now).
Pastures New is coming out on December 3,to a Tesco's near you, priced £6.99.
I am working very hard on trying to get a website up at: http://www.juliawilliamsauthor.com/ but having problems between computers so there's nothing there yet, but I will keep you posted.
I am hoping to organise a launch party, and will probably also do an online version as per my Running on Empty party. If I can get my act together and work out how to do it, I may also follow lovely Marie Philips example and sponsor my launch party for my favourite charity, Tadworth Court Children's Trust. Spouse and I went to a charity ball in aid of it the other week, and I am feeling inspired to do something again. Last time we attended a similar ball I ended up running a marathon, but I think sponsoring my launch might be a tad easier...
As you can see. My real name isn't Jane Henry. But I think you probably knew that by now.

A bonus from the charity ball was that Spouse bought some kit from the Formula 1 Williams team (well, it had to be done, and it was for charidee.) We brought home the most expensive, fleece, shirt and cap we've ever purchased, only to discover looking at the labels that Frank Williams has trademarked the Williams name.

Which leaves me wondering rather, if I'm going to get in trouble with my cover...
Perhaps I should revert to using Jane Henry after all....

11 comments:

Dumdad said...

Nice-looking cover - good luck with the launch and everything else.

Anonymous said...

oooh - that's lovely! can't wait to read it xx

Anonymous said...

Hey dear,

Checking in late at night so talking to you via your website instead of really to you. But that cover is great. I like it much better than the other one. I bet it will fly off the shelves and can't wait to tell me friends and buy it myself.
Will try and talk in the real world tomorrow

Mad Twinx

Political Umpire said...

Best of luck with it, Julane.

Political Umpire said...

Oh and by way of thanks for all your very stimulating posts on my little blog, I have made you today's Friday feature :-)

Jane Henry said...

Thanks so much for all nice comments. Am really lucky to be published at all, but think I am exceptionally lucky to be being published by Avon, who as no 1 would put, it rock.

DD hope you got my note on your blog about illustrations and that you solve your mystery.

RG Thank you. Now I feel guilty as you are on my tbr pile still.... WHEN are we going to meet up in the real world?And when are you going to join the RNA?

MT Glad we actually managed to communicate properly.Am totally sure you will be joining me into print before too long.

PU. What can I say. I am a self confessed schizophrenic. I edit under my maiden name, write under my married name, blog under my granny's name and use another pseudonym for nefarious purposes. Which makes life much more interesting.

Thanks so much for the plug. I enjoy your "little" blog very much as it always gets me thinking. So without wishing to make this a session of mutual flattery, the feeling is mutual.

Love Julanex

Jan Jones said...

MUCH nicer cover!

Love Jan x

Elizabeth Chadwick said...

I think it's a great cover and I hope it does really well for you!
I love reading your blog - but finding the time is the problem - and I don't have 4 kids!

Shauna said...

that is a brilliant cover julia! nice and clean and cosy... perfect for december :)

(shauna from bwbd, one of those dreaded silent lurkers)

Phillipa said...

Julia - many congrats. Your cover is absolutely beautiful.

Phillipa

Stephanie Zia said...

Oh yes, great cover!