Tuesday, November 25, 2008

PS Music

I'm also finalising the soundtrack for the book...

Currently I have for my married hero and heroine Noel and Cat:

Let's Stick Together, Bryan Ferry - their marriage is in difficulties but they're trying to remember they still want one another.
Your Love Alone is Not Enough Manic Street Preachers - Love itself doesn't save the world, you have to work that bit harder...
Put the Sun Back Coral - where ahs all the joy gone in their life, if only they could find that out, everything else should fall into place.

For my my other hero, Gabriel's s musings on his ex wife and how he is unable to help her:

Other Side of the World KT Tunstall

For Gabriel and Marianne, the other heroine (with huge thanks to Persephone for tracking it down for me), for that joyous tumultous early love feeling:

She's Got You High Mumm-Ra

For Noel's midlife crisis:

This is Where I Came In by the Beegees
and the fabulous brilliant
Pretty Amazing Grace by Neil Diamond which is the heart of the book.

Last minute additions from writing the last few chapters are:

Angel by Robbie Williams for the relationship Cat has with her mother.
Streets of London Ralph McTell for a scene which owes not a little to A Christmas Carol.
I Can See Clearly Now Johnny Nash for an epiphany moment for Noel, but also probably a bit for Gabriel and Marianne at different points.

There may be a few more where those have come from. Am thinking I need a song for both Marianne and Gabriel about mending broken hearts, but it hasn't quite found me yet...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do you mend a broken heart by Al Green

See this on Jools Holland.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uzitOsxKJNY

Or if the link doesn't work, type it in. It's fabulous. I think it might work

Not surprised they liked it - perfect Christmas book!

Love

MTxx

Anonymous said...

PS I think it is on the DVD of Later with Jools Holland, so if you like it one of them could play it to the other one as it is a particularly moving performance IMHO
MT

Anonymous said...

PS I think it is on the DVD of Later with Jools Holland, so if you like it one of them could play it to the other one as it is a particularly moving performance IMHO
MT