Thursday, May 08, 2008

Virtual Book Tour



A blogging friend of mine, Sally Hinchcliffe, is having a virtual book tour over the next few weeks to launch the publication of her debut novel, Out of a Clear Blue Sky, which publishes next week. I'm always interested by the possibilities of online viral marketing, so I have offered to host a day here next Wednesday, 14 May.


Not only is Out of a Clear Sky a very fine, tautly claustrophobic thriller, Sally wrote it as a result of taking a Creative Writing Course at Birkbeck College. By happy coincidence, this is where my father took his English degree many eons ago, so it has been an added bonus in taking part in a really interesting experiment.


I will be reviewing the book here next Wednesday as well as posting an interview I've had with Sally about the motivations and inspirations of the novel, which rather unusually (but brilliantly) is set in the world of birdwatching.


If you want to follow her progress, Sally's book is also going on tour on the following blogs:

Moobs
Writing Neuroses
Caroline Smailes
Roger’s Plog
The Man Who Fell Asleep
Down by the River
My Boyfriend is a Twat



No comments: