Friday, May 12, 2006

It's been a sporty week....

... In our house.

Not only did I manage to impress in the pool (ha!), but no 3 has also just learnt to swim, and no 1 managed to swim ten lengths on Tuesday, the furthest she's ever gone.

I also had a tennis lesson which was glorious - tennis being my sport of choice - and have been on two wonderful runs, where my back wasn't killing me for the first time in ages. Yay...

Spouse has been at the gym.

Everyone did tennis yesterday apart from no2 who refuses point blank, so all in all we're getting reasonably fit as a family.

And on top of that I have just signed no1 up to run the Race for Life with me in July.

She is very insistent she wants to do it, and we went running together on Sunday. She managed three-quarters of a mile before stopping with a stitch, which is more or less what I did the first time I went out running. I'm thrilled she's doing it with me, even if I end up walking her all the way.

So if anyone out there in cyberspace wants to sponsor us, you can do so by going to the following page: http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/marathonmumandfriends
I haven't set the target high as I asked alot of people when I was marathon training last year. But Race for Life goes to Cancer Research UK, which is one of the best causes I can think of, as nearly everyone knows someone...

I shall be running in memory of a very good friend, who died eight years ago, and was one of the bravest people I've ever met.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Cancer Research is certainly a very noble cause. I know about the problem of repeatedly asking people for sponsoring. I'm running a marathon every 6 months or so, but on my last one I didn't collect any money, because the previous time lots of people had said "you are coming around for sponsoring yet again??".

Good Luck with the training. Oh, and well done on getting your kids to take up some sport.

Jane Henry said...

A marathon every six months. Blimey. No wonder you train so much!!!

Getting the kids to take up sport is something I am passionate about! I think it's part of my job as a mum...