Friday, April 13, 2007

You Know It's Weird Out There in Cyberspace....

I'd hazard a guess that most grown ups of a certain age have been glued to the silver screen watching Messrs Simm and Glenister in action. What I am now supposed to do with Tuesday evenings is beyond me, but hey, at least I have the new series to pine for...

If, you like me, were a bit baffled by the outcome - gloriously gripping though it was, you might have been as sad as I am and gone searching in cyberspace for some answers. Courtesy of wikepedia I followed some links and found them. Which was rather a disappointment really. I think I'd have preferred the engima.

If I can get these sodding links right, you can find out to by going here...
http://blogs.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ianwylie/2007/04/life_on_mars_the_answers.html

There. That doesn't give anything away unless you want to go looking, does it.

It being the holidays and any serious chance of doing proper work being seriously out of the window I have ended up getting slightly obsessed with following links from wikipedia about my favourite programmes.

My little foray into You Tube took me to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGoNQLeaSwI

which is how I now know what John Simm did next...

And then sadder then ever I went back to wikipedia again and found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Saxon#Mr._Saxon

which is when I realised that I am actually not sad at all. Indeedy, I am only a tiny teensy bit obsessed with tv programmes I like compared with some of the things I found.

(I did however do a whole mad look at Green Wing too, so I now know all about Guy-ball and why it's called Green Wing - but that I can justify, as I am rewatching the entire series so I can follow Mac and Caroline's very fabulous romance to get tips on how to keep sexual tension going in my next book).

But what I've discovered is this. I may be a tiny teensy bit obsesssed, but there are whole Hordes and Hordes of people out there in cyberspace who seem to do nothing else but collect bits of trivia about their favourite tv shows and feed it into wikipedia for people like me to read about and marvel that anyone even has the time to do it.

And you wouldn't believe the number of You Tube videos I've found on the subject of Rose and the Doctor getting separated. I loved that last episode, and everytime we've watched it brings a lump to my throat, but sheesh! Making You Tube videos of it???


Now that's what I call really sad.

And I'm not quite that obsessed...

yet.

Though I wouldn't say no to David Tennant any time of the week...

Or John Simm for that matter...

1 comment:

Jenny Beattie said...

I feel so out of the loop.

Here I am in Thailand, having NO IDEA what you're talking about.

One of the things that worried me about moving overseas, was not knowing what was going on, popular culture-wise. The Thai Gov have taken the decision to ban UTube, so now I know nothing!

I'll just have to remain in ignorance...