Thursday, June 05, 2008

Not quite the soundtrack for spring, but...

It's not one of my seven, but bubbling away in the background for a book that may or may not ever see the light of day. It's quite different to anything I'm currently writing being a time slip/parallel universe darkish fantasy. So there's going to be lots of fighting probably, and this song sooo fits. Well the song does. Not sure about the video which probably demonstrates why most pop artists don't write novels, but I do love these lines:

Come ride with me on the veins of history
I'll show you a god, falls asleep on the job

and

Don't waste your time or time will waste you...

which always sends shivers up my spine - one of my criteria for having a song on my book playlist. The others so far for this book are: Blackeyed Boy by Texas, Somewhere Only We Know by Keane and Who Wants to Life Forever by Queen.

But for now I leave you with Knights of Cydonia by Muse. Enjoy....

No comments: